Hi, I’m James.
Currently I am working on my final year Honours project. I intend to use psychoanalysis to design and build an antagonist enemy AI for a horror game. You can read my weekly honours blog here.
A simulation of a school of sardines written in C# and based on the BOID model by Craig Reynolds. Built by myself in Unity over a semester.
A narrative driven adventure game that tells the story of Aki, a dog lost in the woods. The game was produced by myself and 7 other students in under 3 weeks. I presented Aki to a panel at Indiecade Horizons and we won the 2021 SGDA Community Award.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Sourced the sounds for and mixed 5 environment loops each around 1 minute in length.
- Used spatial audio in Unity to place each loop at relevant places on the map.
- Created and mixed sounds for game cutscenes using Foley techniques.
- Set cutscene sounds to play in cutscene manager.
- Voiced the narrator who guides Aki.
- Designed and helped build a cutscene manager that plays audio and displays images with a parallaxing effect.
- Solved bugs and implemented solutions when user testing began.
UI and UX Designer
- Created a graphic style guide for promotional materials.
- Designed and implemented a main menu and pause screen in Unity.
- Edited a game trailer and showcase video.
Dodge asteroids in a little pink spaceship in this outrun aesthetic arcade game. I made this game solo in Unity in under 48 hours.
Download it on itch.io.
I run a small YouTube channel where I produce videos about modern history, technology and creative projects I’m working on. I’ve entered some of these videos into international film festivals.
Remember like and subscribe.
Currently I am in my fourth year of studying a BA (Hons) in Games Design and Production at the University of Abertay. During my time at university, I have had the opportunity to collaborate with industry clients including Blazing Griffin and Cloud Imperium.
My proudest achievement is completing Factorio in under 15 hours.