My final year honours project where I have used psychoanalysis to design and build an antagonist enemy AI for a horror game in Unity. For this project, I was awarded 4J Studios 2022 Graduate Creativity Award.
You can download the latest version of the project on itch.io.
What I did:
- Built a system that randomly spawns objectives at predetermined locations akin to Slender.
- Built a system that generates an aggression value for the monster depending on player position and progress through the level.
- Designed and implemented six behaviours for the monster, including mimicking, taunting and chasing.
- Recorded, mixed and edited audio barks for the monster and the player that used 3D audio.
- Tweaked and balanced behaviour system to elicit the most amount of fear and discomfort in the player.